This trick explains how to stream 240p quality Youtube videos without buffering on a 256 kbs internet connection. I tested this trick in Ubuntu and it works on any operating sytem that supports;If you don't have these softwares, you need to install it first.
- Java runtime environment
- and VLC media player
2. Open new a tab in Firefox and type "http://keepvid.com"
3. Paste the youtube video url in the download box and press download.
5. In a few seconds download links will appear in all available formats.
Now you have to select the quality of video that you want to play, 144p to 1080p HD are mostly available.
6. If you want to download videos just clik on the link indicating the available formats/quality. On the other hand, for simply viewing the video right on the desired link and select "copy link location". (if you have only 256 kbps then you need to select 3GP 240p or 3GP 144p).
7. Open VLC media player and click play button. Now you will be asked for the source of the video that you want to play (as we haven't loaded any videos in to vlc player yet).
8. Now select the "network" tab and paste the copied link and click the play button in lower right corner of the active window.
9. Thats all! Now the video will start playing instantly with very little/no buffering.
(If you have low speed internet connection and want see a youtube video only available in 360p, 480p, 720p or 1080p you can use this trick very well. now days new videos are in youtube only available in 360p or above)